Sunday, November 22, 2009

The best-laid plans...a status update

When I started this blog I planned to post regularly; at least once a week if not more often. However, things don't always go as we plan, and not only has it been nearly a month since I posted, initially it will not include the content I had intended it to have.

For anyone who reads this who is not aware--I can't imagine that anyone doesn't know, but just in case--early on the morning of October 29, my soul mate and life partner passed away. He simply went to sleep and didn't wake up. He was only 36, and while he did have blood pressure issues, to the best of our knowlege he was in otherwise good health, so it was, to say the least, a complete shock when I found him that morning.

The weeks since then, just over 3 of the longest, yet shortest, weeks of my life have been spent dealing with the physical and emotional loss of the best friend I ever had along with my soul mate, so it's been almost like losing two people in one. The husband and lover, and the friend and companion.

So if you're not interested in reading about the grief process, perhaps it's best if you read elsewhere for a while, because I have a feeling that's going to be my major topic for the foreseeable future. However, because I am actively working to heal, I will also discuss the holistic aspects including supplements, etc. For example, I've gone through almost a whole bottle of Bach Rescue Remedy, along with some other vitamins, minerals, and yes, a prescription for Klonopin, which is related to Xanax and Valium, for short-term use in coping with the emotions and the trauma that go along with such a wrenching experience.

I'll be sharing more later, but at least I'm able to write again, which is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment